Architectural Drawings of Scituate Light House built in1810. In May, 1810, the Federal Government appropriated $4,000 for a lighthouse to be built at the entrance of Scituate Harbor. The lighthouse was completed two months ahead of schedule, on September 19, 1811, making it the 11th lighthouse in the United States. In September, 1814, during the War of 1812, Rebecca and Abagail Bates (“The Lighthouse Army of Two”) warded off an attack by British soldiers by playing their fife and drum loudly. The British retreated since they thought the sound came from the Scituate Town Militia.